- Pay a visit to one of Santorini’s wineries and taste the exceptional wines produced from the volcanic grounds of the island.
- Taste the local products: cherry tomatoes, fava (split-peas puree), caper, white aubergine, katsouni (a type of cucumber) etc No matter how they are prepared the offer a unique taste.
- Enjoy the sunset in Caldera. Akrotiri, Megalochori, Fira, Firostefani, Imerovigli and Oia offer the same magnificent view!
- Wake up early in the morning, to avoid high temperatures, and take a walking tour from Fira to Oia following the path on the “eyebrow of Caldera”. On feasts, ask the locals to show you which church or chapel is celebrating. If you join festivals, you will dance to the rhythms of the Islands folk music, accompanied by local specialties and plentiful wine.
- Renew you love vows with your other half, with idyllic view of the Caldera sunset!
- Do not miss the fascinating beaches. Shinny pebbles, black, white or red sand and unique geological formations compose magnificent sceneries.
- A mini-cruise to the volcano is worthwhile!
- If you are archaeology fans, pay a visit to the Museum of Prehistoric Thera in Fira and the Ancient Thera in Meso Vouno.
- And of course after a full day, relax by the sea with a superb view to the Caldera, the sweetest way to end your day.
Monday, June 14, 2010
Highlights of Santorini
During your stay on Santorini I recommend some things to make your stay even more interesting: