- 1kg pumpkin (white species preferably)
- ½ kg sugar
- ½ kg honey
- 1 cup blanched almonds cut in half longitudinally
- ½ cup water
- The juice from a small lemon
- Cut the pumpkin to slices as you would potatoes for French fries, then rinse, transfer to a strainer and let them drain well.
- Bring the water, sugar and honey to the boil in a pot. Add the pumpkin slices and cook over high heat to make the syrup. Skim as necessary.
- When the syrup is ready, add the almonds and the lemon juice. Remove from heat and let the syrup stand to cool down, then transfer the dessert in large jars.