- 2 lt fresh milk
- 2 cups fine semolina
- 100gr fresh butter
- 320gr sugar*
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 200ml sweet, black wine or 1 bottle of Santorini Vinsanto
- 1 glass sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Wire-whisk the eggs in a large bowl. Add the milk and butter (at room temperature), the semolina and the cinnamon. Stir contents to mix them well.
- Pour the mixture into a round greased pan (4-5cm diam, 5-6cm height), and place it in a larger pan with water (ben mari) and into the oven.
- Cook pudding at 200oC for approximately an hour. In the meantime boil the sugar with the wine until sauce sets.
- Let the pudding cool off and cut it into small, square pieces. Serve each piece of pudding pouring a spoon of wine sauce on top.